Leopard Print Tips: Nail Tutorial
I saw some pictures online of leopard print tips and decide to try it myself today. I chose hot pink, but you can use any colors you want. I think they came out fine for a first attempt.
1. Choose a lighter color, and paint it on just the tips. I try to go from the sides into the center, but you can go from the top down as well. It’s okay if you go over because we’re going to clean it up later with nail polish remover. I used NYC in “Polyester Pink Creme”.
2. Use your second color, a darker tone of the first. I used Illamasqua in “Collide”. Using just a little bit of polish on the tip of the brush, make dots in a random pattern on the tips of your nails, varying the size and shape and trying to distribute them evenly. Let it dry for a while before going on to the next step.
3. Using a thin brush or a nail art pen, paint on the leopard print design. You can use a picture from online or anything leopard print you have for a reference, but it gets pretty easy once you’ve done it a few times. I used a Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen in black. This pen washes off if you mess up, so don’t worry.
4. Using Q-tips dipped in nail polish remover, wipe them over your nail in a swishing moment to get a clean line at the end of the tip. If you accidentally go to far, just redo it with the nail art pen or brush.
5. When everything is completely dry, finish with a clear topcoat. This should make it last for a few days.